Speed through check-in, security and boarding
Priority gives you the fastest route through most airport-congested areas.
Look for 'Priority' signs when you check in at the American Airlines counter, go through security and at the gate. For faster boarding, proceed when the Priority boarding group is called and board even earlier if you’re seated in First or Business or are an AAdvantage® status member. Just look for 'Priority' on your boarding pass.
Arrive late to the gate? Bypass general boarding and head to the Priority lane to board at any time.
Who's eligible for priority privileges?
- First, Business and Premium Economy passengers
- AAdvantage® status members
- AirPass℠ travelers
- oneworld® Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby members
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive cardholders
- Eligible business travelers*
- JetBlue Mosaic members
You can buy Priority for your trip on American marketed and operated flights:
- At check-in on aa.com
- At check-in at an airport kiosk
*You’re an eligible business traveler if traveling on company business for an employer with an active American Airlines Corporate Travel Agreement at the time of ticketing and travel. Only tickets booked and paid for via an authorized Agency of Record for the company and with a unique identifier (CART number) are eligible. If you’re eligible for a higher boarding priority based on ticket class or AAdvantage® status, it will be processed.
- Priority is only available on flights operated and marketed by American Airlines. Priority is not available on codeshare flights operated by another airline.
- Priority lanes at check-in counters and gates will be available at most major airport locations.
- Exclusive lanes at security checkpoints are available at participating airports.
- Priority is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Priority is offered on select routes and is subject to availability.
- This offer is made at the discretion of American Airlines and is subject to change or termination at any time with or without notice to the customer.